This video is for home-viewing only, for public performance or educational use please contact Terra Nova Films.
EVERYONE WINS! QUALITY CARE WITHOUT RESTRAINTS is a comprehensive training program that offers practical strategies for providing quality care for senior citizens in nursing facilities without the use of restraints. It presents real solutions to real problems facing long-term care providers. Looking at actual cases, this series presents proven, creative methods for solving these problems -- without restraints. The library includes six training videos and a manual for staff, one video and a resource guide for management, and a video and pamphlet for families. Additional materials are available for physicians and surveyors.
1. The New Resident
2. Up and About: Minimizing the Risk of Fall Injuries
3. Working With Residents Who Wander
4. Getting Hit, Grabbed, and Threatened: What It Means, and What To Do
5. Staying Restraint Free Evenings, Nights and Weekends
6. Now That the Restraints Are Off, What Do We Do?
7. The Management Perspective
8. A Family Guide to Restraint – Free Care
9. Surveying the Restraint-Free Facility
Everyone Wins! Quality Care Without Restraints was produced by The Independent Production Fund and Toby Levine Communications in 1995.
The Commonwealth Fund
Kendal Charitable Funds
The Retirement Research Foundation
AMA Heath and Medical Film Competition Award
Retirement Research Foundation's National Media Owl Award
CINE Golden Eagle Award
200 Central Park South, 12F
New York, NY 10019
© Independent Production Fund. All Rights Reserved.